3 years ago from today, my life changed. Up till almost the age of 18, I thought I was the healthiest child. I guess the Lord had a different plan for me. 3 years ago today, I had surgery to remove my tumor. Not just any tumor, one of the biggest tumors I had ever heard of. And now, I have no idea where I would be if I hadn't experienced it. I was admitted to a children's hospital downtown and my life changed. I have come to love and respect children who are going through trials medically in their lives. It's funny because this morning in one of my classes, we ended up talking about children who face these trials. At that moment, I knew for a fact I was where I needed to be. Ever since my hospital experience, I have wanted to be there for the children. I want to be a Child Life Specialist. I want to be able to help those kids out when they are having a bad day. Because it was those Child Life Specialists who helped me cope with the fact that my planned Hawaii trip wasn't going to happen when planned.
My road to a long recovery
While being there for 2 weeks, my mom became my best friend. She still is. She stands by me when I need her
It's funny to think that after this surgery, I thought my life would get easier. And it was for awhile. Lately though, I have been thinking that I was given all these trials to help me grow. It has been some of the hardest few years I think I will ever experience. I wouldn't take them back for anything though. I have grown to love what comes my way. I have found out who my true friends are through these hard times. And most of all, I know I am capable of overcoming these trials. I can do it. Without these trials, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Whatever comes your way, learn to love it. It might take time, but it's well worth it to look back and think, "I did it."
I never really get a chance to tell you how amazing i think you are! You have been through so many trials the past few years and I know that they have made you the strong person you are today! Luv u gurl!
ReplyDelete