Saturday, July 3, 2010

My past few weeks!



I have had a fun adventurous couple of weeks! Last week, I worked the morning shift one day (6:30-2). I got off early so I wanted to do something. So my friend Josh and I went hiking in the Gorge that afternoon. It was a short, easy hike but so much fun! It was a gorgeous day. We found the water and just sat there. It was so nice just to sit and enjoy nature (with absolutely NO PHONE SERVICE!!!!!).



A few days later I left for my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary party! And yes, it was a party! It was fun to have almost everyone from the family there! It was so good to see my grandparents. I love my family. I love how I can be with them forever!





Then here comes the adventure!!!! I was driving home with Cheryl the next day. We stopped and got our junk food and soda and were cruising our way out of Ontario jamming to Hanson music (yes Hanson...Mmmbop). Suddenly I drove over something. We were both confused but kept on driving. Finally I saw a light come up on the car saying there was a problem with a tire... Uh oh. We pulled over and sure enough, we had a flat! So we pulled off the next exit and waited for my parents car to come and help us change the tire. Sure enough we were coming home on a Sunday so there was no tire store open. So we traveled all the way home on a spare. Yeah, so much fun!






Along with driving home on a spare, we got stopped in traffic in the Gorge. A car caught on fire and started a wildfire around. So we stopped in traffic. And it was a gorgeous day so we rolled down the windows and tanned our arms. Yes, we indeed got darker :)

This is the long line of cars ahead of us




But you just can't forget the best part of the trip...Mt. Hood!



Everything is going good! 17 more days and I'm off to Idaho! I feel great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment