“Charity is, perhaps, in many ways a misunderstood word. We often equate charity with visiting the sick and taking in casseroles to those in need, or sharing our excess with those who are less fortunate. But really, true charity is much, much more.
Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make a part of yourself. And when the virtue of charity becomes implanted in your heart, you are never the same again. It makes the thought of being a basher repulsive.
Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best in each other.”
This was said by Marvin J. Ashton in a Conference years ago. I used this in my talk a few months ago and yesterday, I began to think about it again and wondering if I apply it in my life.
Over the past month, I have come upon past events that really have come back to bite me in the butt. I recently found out that a girl I went to high school with suffered my same medical problem while going to school. Back then, I always thought to myself, gosh, why don't you just go to school. It's ok to be sick as long as you aren't contagious. Yeah, well, now I think about it and she had every right not to go. It's amazing how you look back on things and think, "why did I even think that."
I have learned so much over the past year of being sick than I think I would have ever learned. I have learned that my Heavenly Father is always there for me. Some nights all I want to do is cry and say, "why me?" I then say a prayer and feel comfort and I know I can get through this. Life is hard but we can always get through it. My motto now is.."Another challenge? HA! Bring it on!"
Live the life you love, love the life you live. Always love one another. You never know when someone is having a bad day. Maybe all they need is a smile or someone to talk to.
I am also proud to say that this is me a year ago. Now, I don't take any of those medicines anymore. Only one pill and a shot. I'm all better! 35 more days:) I made it possible. I'm beating it!

I love you! And I am so proud of your approach to this challenge. You are inspiring, Heidi.
ReplyDelete