Thursday, July 15, 2010

It's getting close...

That's right! My time here is about done! And because it's getting so close, I'm occupying my time! I have been busy trying to finish my online class (which I finished about half an hour ago). So now I can concentrate on packing!!! It's all coming up!

To kick off my final week, I went hiking with Josh, a friend I met years ago at a stake dance. We hiked Multnomah Falls. I haven't ever been (weird I know)so we decided this should be our last place we hike for the summer. It was gorgeous!!! It was such a beautiful day! And hot. None-the-less, so much fun and a great work out :)






The next day was filled with soaking up the sun with Sarah! We met up early that morning and drove to Kah-nee-ta! Our plan was to get there around 11...yeah ended up leaving later and taking a few side trips. We ended up getting there at noon and piled on the sunscreen (she probably used more than me :/) and headed for the pool! We jumped right in and it felt sooo good! It was warm and refreshing considering it was a very hot day. After awhile of just laying in the middle of the pool (literally laying in the pool) we found a spot to go lay out for a little bit. About every twenty minutes we would switch and go to the pool then back to our spot to lay out. This became so much fun. We tried doing a before and after shot of our legs. I still don't think it does justice. (note: the second picture is our arms)

Before

After


After about 4 hours in the sun, we were about done. We walked to the car and it was too hot to stay in it while the AC was going so we had a photo session outside while it was cooling down. Oh boy, Sarah and I with a camera. Good times.




On our way back home, we stopped at Timberline Lodge!!! She has never been so decided a quick trip up there to take pictures was necessary. We were just going to stay by the car but a guy who was driving a golf cart for the lodge came up to us and offered us a ride up to the lodge. Well, we couldn't pass it up! We went up and visited the old lodge and took pictures and just enjoyed the view. It is gorgeous up there.





After Timberline, we stopped at Calamity Jane's. We heard they had the best burgers and so we had to experience it for ourselves. And yes, it was tasty!!!!




The past few days I have finished up work and taking full advantage of going out with friends. My time here is almost done. I made it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment