Ha so funny story. For the back of the blanket, I found fabric a month or 2 ago and told myself I would find it when the time came. It was black and had skulls on it with hot pink bows on the head. Sounds funny but so cute! Well we went to 2 different stores and couldn't find it! And if we found it, they didn't have enough of it! So I had to improvise. I found this and the Oregon City store didn't have enough. So we had to go up to Portland to get more of it! Gosh it was an adventure but looking at it, it looks like me right? I think so and I love it!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
My Blanket!!!!!
While I'm home for many months, I set a goal of making a blanket of all my t-shirts. Growing up I always wanted to save my t-shirts so I always used the excuse of "Oh, I'll make a blanket someday." Haha, I decided to do it! I figured because I'll be home, I got the time to do it, heck, why not? I cut out the t-shirts a few months ago but this week, my shirts have been in the living room taking up space and I'm beginning to sew them together and I'm telling you, it's awesome! I never thought I would say this but it's fun! A. I'm learning how to sew (yeah at my rate, I will always still be learning) B. I get to go through all of my awesome shirts! (Yeah, I got fun ones) C. I get to have a HUGE blanket that I can say I made all by myself! (with some help of mother :) )

Ha so funny story. For the back of the blanket, I found fabric a month or 2 ago and told myself I would find it when the time came. It was black and had skulls on it with hot pink bows on the head. Sounds funny but so cute! Well we went to 2 different stores and couldn't find it! And if we found it, they didn't have enough of it! So I had to improvise. I found this and the Oregon City store didn't have enough. So we had to go up to Portland to get more of it! Gosh it was an adventure but looking at it, it looks like me right? I think so and I love it!
Ha so funny story. For the back of the blanket, I found fabric a month or 2 ago and told myself I would find it when the time came. It was black and had skulls on it with hot pink bows on the head. Sounds funny but so cute! Well we went to 2 different stores and couldn't find it! And if we found it, they didn't have enough of it! So I had to improvise. I found this and the Oregon City store didn't have enough. So we had to go up to Portland to get more of it! Gosh it was an adventure but looking at it, it looks like me right? I think so and I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good job Heidi!!! I love the Mt. hood t-shirt. I'm glad you found this fabric. Much better than skulls, even if they have pink bows.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see how it turns out! I always wanted to make a quilt out of my old shirts too!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a NEAT idea! And I LOVE the back fabric. Just came across your blog--had to comment! :-)
ReplyDelete